Monday, November 15, 2010

Wolves are my friends





Wolves have been my favorite animal ever since I was a very little girl.
I've had two wonderful experiences in Canada, where my aunt and uncle lives. The times I've visited them, they've taken me to Algonquin Park. There parkrangers told us about the wolves in Canada, and afterwards guided all the listeners far into the gigantic park (it's 1/4 the size of Belgium!) In the middle of this enormous park, surrounded by huge trees, the pinescent spicing the warm nightair, the sparkling milkyway above and fireflies buzzing around at the edge of the wood, the parkrangers howled - and floating in from the distance, a wolfpack howled back! You could hear the pups yelping. It was magical both times. I get chills just thinking about it.
The wolves protect me. When I have on my bedlinnen, I don't have bad dreams.

Love,
Ida

No comments:

Post a Comment