Thursday, December 23, 2010

Great Spirit


One of my friends have just returned home from India.
He gave me 50 Rupees. He had different rupee bills, and I've been told that you can't take them out of India - but they're not upholding that rule thoroughly, it would seem. All of them have Mahatma (=great spirit) Gandhi on them. I can't imagine a greater person.
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it - always."
- Gandhi. 

Puts ones own, silly life in perspective... but most importantly a man like him gives you strength.

One of my favorite movies is Richard Attenboroughs 'Gandhi'. Ben Kingsley as Gandhi is one of the greatest portrayals in movie history.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend that you do. Now! Go go! 

Love,
Ida

2 comments:

  1. Jeg har ikke sett den filmen, men har veldig lyst! Noen venner av meg har nettopp vært i India, det var visst helt fantastisk!

    GOD JUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg vil rigtig gerne til Indien. Min mor boede der som ung, så jeg har hørt meget om det - men det lyder som om landet har ændret sig uhyggeligt meget siden 70'erne.
    Du må skynde dig at se den film. Måske du har tid i juleferien? Jeg kan også anbefale Richard Attenboroughs anden film, 'Chaplin', hvor Robert Downey Jr. er en fantastisk Charlie.

    Rigtig meget glædelig jul til dig også, Ingvild! :)

    ReplyDelete