Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Westend Story





So, this is the street Westend, that I've posted about before.
I think the buildings are lovely, and I'm a fan of all the french balconys.
And I just found out some really interesting about this street. I have a friend who lives there, and she told me that it originally was build as brothels! So the reason why there's so many french balconies is that the girls would stand there and display their... merchandise. Then men could go and "windowshop" women...
It must have been a good industry, if they were able to build an entire street just for *beep*.

Love,
Ida

2 comments:

  1. Virkelig?! Grinern! Det er en af mine yndlingsgader på Vesseren...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, er det ikke vildt at tænke på?!
    Det er også en af mine yndlingsgader i Kbh overhovedet, og så har den sådan en dodgy fortid...

    ReplyDelete