Friday, December 24, 2010

Snowstorm in Copenhagen






I love snow!
I'm not a big fan of winter, not because of the cold, but because it's dark so many hours... yesterday was the day of the year with the least daylight hours = 7! (Compared to 17 in the summer...!)
So snow, which is not as common in Denmark as foreigners tend to believe, is embraced by me, because it lights up the city. Even in the middle of a snowstorm (with very delicate snowflakes - that's why you can't tell it's a snowstorm) in the late afternoon, there's a special light. I loved it walking home from coffee with a friend on Nørrebro. I walked on the Peblinge Lake, photographing my favorite neon-signs in the city with freezing fingers - that's why it's so shaky. And I walked through Kings Garden, and Rosenborg Castle looked mysterious and fairy tale-ish in that special light. I walked for an hour and a half at least, bursting with happiness.
Never have tea tasted sweeter and felt more warming than when I came home today with blushing red cheeks and bright eyes. I'm in love with Copenhagen covered in snow.

Love,
Ida

No comments:

Post a Comment