Friday, December 10, 2010

Le Sacre Du Printemps

I never told you about the concert I went to this tuesday.

I've never experienced anything like it...
After the break, the Budapest Festival Orchestra played Stravinskys 'Le Sacre Du Printemps' - in english 'Rite of Spring'.
It was the most organic performance. Conductor and orchestra was as one.
I had shivers running up and down my spine so many times. I was sitting on the edge of the seat, toyed with by the strong music, gasping at the brutality, crying at the beauty.
It's a mystery to me that it was still a cold, december night when I came out. With that powerful music it would seem natural if it had indeed turned into spring.

I haven't found any recording that can portray what I heard or saw. So you don't get any. No pictures either. It would seem faint and a mockery to my memory.

But I recommend that you listen to Stravinsky. This piece - or perhaps 'Firebird'.

Love,
Ida

2 comments: