Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wild Nothing

This is a tune that really belongs in the summertime, with long bright nights and sweet breezes - but this one has stuck with me all winter.
I did an interview with the musician behind Wild Nothing about half a year ago, and I asked him about the lyrics - and he was just not paying that much attention to them. It was just something to sing.
Fair enough, I'm not much of a person who cares about lyrics, I care about the music. If I want to read beautiful and meaningful words, I'll read a novel or poetry.

But it kinda bugs me though - becuase if he doesn't give it any thought, then how can he write a phrase that is so... me?

'This abyss won't last forever
And that's exactly why
I'd rather live in dreams
Than I'd rather die.'

Love,
Ida

No comments:

Post a Comment